How do you say THANK YOU? With Flowers & More!
Top 10 Ways to recognize your Assistant during Administrative Professionals Week (April 20-24).
With Administrative Professionals Week just around the corner, I thought it might be a good idea to share some ideas to say "thanks for a job well done," to those who make it possible for you to do all you do.
Of course if you saw the recent episode of Rules of Engagement, you saw two kinds of assistants. The kind like Timmy who can guess what his "boss" needs before the boss even knows it. And then there's that other kind who takes personal calls all day long, forgets to make reservations for La Maison and basically does a days work in about a week.
Hopefully you don't have THAT kind of assistant. This list is for the assistant who does her job... and then some. The first thing you need to do is find out what he or she likes, is into, and use that as a starting point to say thanks.
In case you could use some inspiration, here are 10 ways to recognize an assistant worth their weight in gold.
1. Flowers are always a nice choice especially if your assistant loves flowers. If she or he loves plants, why not a nice orchid plant or decorative garden?
2. Find out what your assistant likes. Does she like to go to the movies, does he like the theater or museum? Give tickets to a new play, movie or showing.
3. Does he like to read? Does she have a favorite author? Buy him a book or get her a gift certificate to your local bookstore.
4. Does she want to learn a new skill, take up a new hobby, hone her computer skills, take dance lessons? Find out what he's passionate about and purchase a registration to the class.
5. Does he have a favorite performing artist? A music CD could be a perfect gift for the music lover.
6. Feed him! What's his favorite food? Does he like Mexican, Italian, Japanese? Would she like to try a new restaurant? A gift certifcate to a new hot spot is also a great way to say thanks for a job well done. Better yet, take him to the restaurant for lunch during Administrative Professionals Week.
7. Is she a sports enthusiast? Is there a local sporting team she supports? Game tickets could be just the ticket to say thanks for a job well done for your assistant.
8. A THANK YOU card goes a long way to say thanks. Add a few lottery tickets or scratch off to the card and your assistant could just win the lottery! ( Void where prohibited by law)
9. Have a picnic! Bring in lunch for your assistant (and everyone in the office). And of course a vase of flowers will compliment any office picnic (*SMILE).
10. Get her a special recognition plaque with BEST ASSISTANT or ASSISTANT of the year! A keepsake such as an engraved plaque or clock or desk set can go a long way to make your assistant feel special and needed. And after all, everyone needs to feel needed. It's what motivates most people to continue to show up for work and do a great job.
Wishing you all the best for Administrative Professionals Week!
And remember, when you need to order flowers, Give Eden Florist a call at 954-981-5515 or visit us online at www.EdenFlorist.com.
Read the History of Administrative Professionals Week here: http://www.tulipstalk.com/history-of-administrative-professionals-week/