February is the month of love. Inside every romantic a fire is kindling, making us all aglow with feelings of love, passion and friendship. True romantics really love to “show off” their romantic prowess. If you are one of those dire-hard romantics or if you are a would-be romantic the right gift is sure to put you at the center of your intended’s attention.
1. Flowers always top the list of most romantic gifts. Everyone sends roses. Sure roses are nice and “yes” they are the symbol of love and romance, however some people actually prefer other varieties. Why not be original this Valentine’s Week? Find out what his/her favorite flowers are and send a dozen of those. A bouquet of birds of paradise, antherium or orchids with a card that says “my love (passion, feelings) for you is/are like a tropical heat wave” could be just the ticket to paradise. Sunflowers are especially nice for a friend, to spread some sunshine in the world, to brighten someone’s day. Visit www.EdenFlorist.com for more Valentine’s ideas. Check out the article: "Roses, Their Meanings, Myth and Mysteries."
2. Write a poem or a love letter. The art of letter writing is almost extinct (especially with the internet). Think about the last time you got a written note or card in the mail. Did it bring a smile to your face? Were you pleasantly surprised? Not a poet? Check out http://www.romanceopedia.com/R-LovePoetry.html. Two great sources for finding and writing poetry for the object of your affection.
3. Be original. Why not hire an artist and get custom art created just for your intended? You could find one near you by calling a local art institute, vocational technical school or even college level art students. They will generally do it for the practice and a small fee (unless the one you choose is already famous).
4. Be his/her loyal servant. Everyone loves to be pampered. Give your valentine a gift certificate (or several) good for a chore of your choice (or theirs if you are brave). Check out Our Valentine Coupons to download and print out some FREE Romantic Gift Certificates for the Object of your Affections.
5. Relax and spend time together. Rent a movie, butter some popcorn, turn down the lights, ignore the phone, pager, and personal computer and cuddle together. Feed your valentine grapes, chocolate covered strawberries, or whatever will make him/her feel the romance. Make sure the movie is one they would really love to watch.
6. Create Valentine Balloon Messages. Write special messages on little strips of paper (or create them on your computer) fold them and put them inside deflated latex balloons. Blow the balloons up (with air) and drop them around the house for your valentine to discover. Tape a Valentine card to the front door with instructions and a pin so they can “pop” the balloons.
7. Have a scavenger hunt. Write little notes about how you feel or what he/she means to you. “Hide” them around the house along with some candy or a special treat. Add a clue at the end of each note about where to find the next one. When she or he finds the last note, have a special something waiting there, say a candle-lit bubble bath and two glasses of wine.
8. Room service. Rent a fancy hotel room in your own town, order room service and watch movies for a whole weekend. A variation of this might be a day at the spa or make your own spa at home, complete with massage oils…etc.
9. Picnic for two, anyone? It could be outdoors or right in your own living room. Set the scene with candles, candies and his or her favorite food. Let’s not forget the champagne!
10. Write, “I love you” on the bathroom mirror, write little notes and stick them under the pillow, in their lunchbox, briefcase, car windshield, underwear drawer. Create your own valentine box. Ask your valentine to write a note every day from now until valentine’s and place it in the box. You do the same. On Valentine’s Day each of you take turns reading the contents over a romantic candlelit dinner or in front of the fireplace. Who knows, you just might get lucky that day!
Be sure to order your Valentine Flowers early. Visit Eden Florist today! Or call us at 800-966-3336.